Wood handle axe is mainly used for cutting wood tools. There are many kinds of wood used to make axe on the market, and many people don't know how to choose the wood handle axe. In fact, different wood axe with wooden handle are different in terms of touch, hardness, or practicality. The following content will introduce you in detail, What's the difference between the wooden handle axes.
1. Walnut. Walnut, commonly known as walnut, is one of the precious woods that are loved by people in the world. Especially in European countries, walnut, mahogany, and oak are called the three precious woods. These types of wood are mostly used in high-end European axe. Walnut wood has medium hardness to slightly hard and heavy, fine and uniform fiber structure, strong toughness, especially excellent performance in anti-vibration and abrasion resistance, and has certain bending and corrosion resistance. Therefore, it is a good choice for making wooden axe handles.
2. China Fir is the cheapest wood you can touch. It is a fast-growing commercial wood species unique to China. It is characterized by fast growth, good material, straight wood texture, uniform structure, light and tough material, moderate strength, cedar with fragrance, resistance to insects and corrosion, and easy processing. China Fir belongs to softwood. There are two main shortcomings. One is that Cunninghamia lanceolata is a fast-growing wood with a maturity period of 4-6 years. The production is rapid, the natural wood fiber is loose, and the water content is large, the surface hardness is soft, and external forces are easy to cause Scratches, the second disadvantage is that there are many scars, and there is a black scar every short distance.
3. Camphor wood. Its biggest feature is that it is rich in rich aroma, which can repel insects, mothproof, mold and sterilize. Mothballs are made from the spices in camphor wood. The tree diameter is large, the wood width is wide, and the pattern is beautiful. Camphor wood is dense, with natural beautiful texture, tough texture, not easy to break, and not easy to crack.
4. Pine (masson pine, mongolica) has been paid more and more attention to environmental protection, and solid wood axe handles have gradually increased, of which pine axe accounts for a large part. There are two main materials for pine axe, one is masson pine and the other is It is Pinus sylvestris, mainly Pinus sylvestris. It is an important raw material for man-made fiberboard in the handle of axe. The texture of Masson pine is straight or uneven, and the structure is medium to thick. The disadvantage is that the cracking is more serious when dry. Not resistant to corrosion. Poor paint and bonding performance.
5. Elm. The elm wood has a wide width and excellent temperature preservation; the deformation rate is small, the wood is tough, the texture is clear, the hardness and strength are moderate, it is suitable for carving, the planing surface is smooth, the string surface pattern is beautiful, there is a "wenge wood" pattern, elm is cost-effective , For furniture, tools, etc.
6. Oak (white oak, red oak). Oak is a kind of decorative wood that everyone loves. Oak is a common name. The scientific name of real oak is oak, which belongs to the family Fagaceae and the genus Quercus. Red oak is called kenaf oak and white oak is called white oak. In fact, red oak It's not really red, but woody yellow is slightly pink. White oak is not white, but light yellow. This causes the difference in color between red oak and white oak is not very big. Oak is characterized by heavy hard and straight texture. The structure is coarse, the color is elegant, the texture is beautiful, the mechanical strength is quite high, and it is resistant to wear. It is very suitable for making wooden axe handles, but the wood is not easy to dry sawn and cut. At the same time, if the large area is used, the degree of deformation is large, and the oak pattern also has straight and horizontal lines. The difference between the ruled pattern is better, and the price is slightly more expensive.
Shandong Pangu Industrial, the best wood handle axe factory in China, manufactures The red axe, Wood Handle Splitting Axe and fastest wood splitting axe for buyers. If you are interested in our wooden handle axe, please feel free to contact us by email: [email protected].